When you are given a district account, you are asked to setup Self Service Password Reset. This allows you to reset your own password.
You might be unable to access your Ottumwa Schools account because of one of the following reasons:
- Your password is not working, and you want to reset it.
- You know your password, but your account is locked out and you want to unlock it.
Use the following steps to access Ottumwa Schools self-service password reset (SSPR) and get back in to your account.
- From the login page, select "Can't access your account"
- If asked, select "Work or school account"
- Enter you User ID, which is your @ottumwaschools.com email address. Then enter the letters/numbers from the image. Finally click "next"
- Select which method you would like to use to recover your district account. These are methods that you would have chosen while setting up your account and can include a recovery email address, phone number, or security questions.
- Enter the answers to the security questions, or the code given to you in the phone call or text message
- Select a new password. Remember, our current password policy requires that you select a strong password that is at least 12 characters in length. We strongly discourage use of children or pet names, dates of birth, or anything that would be easily guessable with basic knowledge of your personal life.
If you run into further issues, please submit a support ticket and we can assist with account access.