The Ottumwa Community School District uses Remind, a communication platform that allows messages to be sent to staff, students or parents in a variety of forms. OCSD uses Remind as the main messaging platform for urgent messages such as delays, cancellations or emergency notifications.
District staff are automatically rostered to Remind, which means an account is established for you. Follow these steps to access your account:
Set up your rostered account
- Navigate to https://www.remind.com/log_in
- Select the "Log in with Google" option, and enter your school email address ending in @ottumwaschools.com:
- Follow the prompts to add your preferred phone number for Remind notifications
- If needed, you will be given the choice to merge your staff account with an existing Remind account that uses the same phone number.
Configure your notification preferences
- Click the arrow next to your name in the top left of the web page, and select "Account settings".
- Select "Notification preferences" on the left
- Here you can turn on or off notifications for different devices.
(if you opt to turn off text messages, urgent messages will still be delivered to your phone number via phone call)
If you prefer not to use your Remind account, you can download the OCSD app to receive urgent messaging from the school district.
What is Remind?
Add, change or remove a phone number or email address in your account
Download the Remind app